Doctors consider kefir to be one of the most healthy dairy products, because it can be used by everyone: both kids and old people. Many people like to take it at night. What is more in this habit - useful or harmful?
Composition and calorie
Kefir is made by fermenting milk using special fungi. The composition of these fungi includes about 22 species of various beneficial microorganisms. The most important of them are lactobacilli and bifidobacteria.
Kefir contains 12 vitamins. Especially a lot of components such as B2, B4 and B12.
Also in the milk product there are macro-and micronutrients (there are more than fifteen). Quite a lot in calcium drink (as in any fermented milk product) and phosphorus.
Calorie drink is low. Depending on the fat content of the product, it can vary from 31 kcal to 59 kcal. From these indicators it is evident that even the fattest kefir remains in the discharge of low-calorie foods.
It should be noted that with such a low caloric content in the drink contains quite a lot of protein.
Kefir contains a lot of calcium, protein, vitamins and other beneficial ingredients.
Ratio table BJU for kefir
|Content in 100 g||The ratio of calories from protein-fat-carbohydrates|
The benefits of kefir at night before bed
The human body is restored during sleep, when there is no expenditure of energy on movement, digestion of food, etc. After all, it is not without reason that there is a stable expression: "Sleep is health." People who fully get enough sleep are much less susceptible to various diseases.
Experts recommend to use before bed those products that provide an additional resource for all recovery processes. The drink contains "light" protein, i.e., that protein that quickly splits and is easily digested and, thus, allows the body to gain new strength.
Due to the lactobacteria and bifidobacteria in the beverage, the intestinal microflora balance is normalized. As a result, there is a powerful resistance to harmful microorganisms. This means that the immunity rises, the body resists many diseases, i.e. kefir taken at night helps speed recovery.
If you drink a glass of a drink before bedtime, this helps to improve the intestinal perilstatic (again, thanks to the lactic acid bacteria). By morning, the body is gently cleansed naturally.
There is another argument in favor of using kefir before bedtime. It contains a lot of calcium. At night, accelerated excretion of calcium from the body, so kefir drunk before bedtime will slow down the loss of mineral.
It is interesting. In 1 cup of kefir contains more than 2 trillion dairy bacteria and other beneficial microorganisms.
Kefir is included in the diet of many diets to lose weight. Scientists from West Australian University Curtin conducted an experiment and found out the following fact: those who consumed 5 servings of kefir per day, dropped more kilograms and lost more belly fat than those who consumed 3 servings. At the same time, all participants followed a low-calorie diet.
The benefits of taking kefir in the period of weight loss are as follows:
- the drink has a low calorie content, i.e. the risk of gaining excess weight is eliminated;
- "light" proteins quickly and effectively satisfy hunger;
- beneficial bacteria contained in kefir, promote the processing and assimilation of products that are rich in fiber;
- the body in the period of weight loss may be deficient in many nutrients, kefir helps replenish the reserves of some of them;
- the product gently cleanses the intestines, which is important in the period of struggle with obesity;
- drunk kefir in the evening dulls the feeling of hunger and protects from additional meals.
Kefir for the night effectively helps to lose excess weight. During the carrying of a baby, kefir is a regular product on the menu of a pregnant woman. There are reasons for this:
- The high content of calcium and phosphorus in the drink helps the formation and mineralization of the bone tissue and teeth of the future baby, and also keeps the skeleton and bones of the pregnant woman strong;
- at the use of kefir for the night reserves of protein which is a construction material for all cells and systems are replenished. It should be noted that the protein does not accumulate in the body, so for the normal development of the fetus, it is necessary to ensure the constant flow of this component;
- vitamin B12 promotes blood formation and prevents the development of anemia, which is often diagnosed in expectant mothers;
- in the second half of pregnancy, many women develop edema of the limbs. Take this problem will help kefir taken at night, because it has a slight diuretic effect;
- the first months of pregnancy are often accompanied by nausea, especially in the morning. If you drink kefir for the night, the condition of the woman is much easier;
- future mothers should monitor the regularity of the stool, so many doctors recommend that they use the product before bedtime;
- Kefir has a positive effect on the central nervous system due to tryptophan. Thanks to this amino acid, a pregnant woman improves mood, crying, which is characteristic of this period, is eliminated.
The body of children is in constant development and growth. Accordingly, he needs regular receipt of all necessary components. Kefir is one of those products that must be included in the child's menu. When drinking before bedtime, a child’s body gets the following benefits:
- reserves of calcium and phosphorus are replenished, which favorably affects the normal development of the skeleton and prevents the occurrence of rickets;
- the child's body gets the "light" protein needed to build all the organs and systems;
- if a child eats kefir before bedtime, then the probability of dysbiosis (imbalance of beneficial and harmful microflora in favor of the latter) is significantly reduced;
- immunity is strengthened;
- a growing body receives vitamins and amino acids;
- when consumed kefir increases appetite;
- the drink taken at night allows the child to calm down, relax and sleep better.
Important! Kefir can be introduced into the diet of the child no earlier than 1 year after birth, since until this time the baby’s body is not prepared to consume this product.
Video: kefir for children//youtube.com/watch?v=QO4TNGJ5JBg
When doing sports
Kefir is always present in the diet of people involved in sports. Its use at night in this case brings the following benefits:
- physical activity takes a lot of strength. Phosphorus in the composition of the drink effectively relieves fatigue and promotes rapid recovery of muscles and energy;
- for strengthening the muscles and creating relief of the body, it is important to use enough protein;
- the product will not allow to gain extra pounds because of its low calorie content;
- the use of the drink at night allows you to strengthen the cardiovascular system, which is very important when playing sports, because the load on the heart in this case is increased;
- kefir at night promotes bone mineralization, which allows to avoid unwanted fractures;
- good sleep helps the athlete to recover as much as possible, and kefir contributes to this;
- bodybuilding classes provide enhanced nutrition, causing the digestive system is experiencing overload. Kefir also restores the beneficial intestinal microflora, normalizes metabolism, removes toxins and toxins. In addition, with this sport, it is necessary to maintain a sufficient level of proteins, especially in the long breaks between meals. Slow casein, which is part of kefir, effectively copes with this task.
Kefir is made from milk by ripening. But if there is a sufficient amount of allergens in the milk, then they die when the yogurt is leavened. Kefir itself is a hypoallergenic product, so it can be used in case of various allergic diseases. However, it has a therapeutic effect on the body:
- intestinal microflora is normalized, dysbacteriosis is eliminated, which is closely associated with allergic manifestations (atopic dermatitis, food intolerance, eczema, bronchial asthma). To date, the basis of the treatment of hypersensitivity of the body is the correction of the intestinal microflora. For this purpose it is recommended to use kefir for the night;
- Often the appearance of allergy contributes to the slagging of the body with harmful components. In this case, to cope with the problem, it is necessary to clean the colon, because it is through the walls of this organ that water is absorbed along with toxic substances. Therefore, the use of kefir before bedtime is recommended, so that by the morning the intestine is cleared naturally.
Harm from use at night
In some cases, kefir drunk at night can bring some damage to health.
If a person has a tendency to the disorder of the gastrointestinal tract, then the product is better not to use at bedtime. Otherwise, kefir can cause diarrhea, which leads to dehydration. In addition, along with the liquid stool, the useful microflora is washed out of the intestines, and this provokes the appearance of dysbacteriosis and the consequences that follow from this.
The use of kefir is not recommended for people suffering from chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract during an exacerbation: gastritis with high acidity, pancreatitis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer. During remission, the drink can be taken at bedtime only with the permission of the gastroenterologist.
With a large amount of kefir, drunk at night, excessive gas formation and bloating may develop.
If the drink taken before bedtime was cold, then the likelihood of developing respiratory diseases is high.
Harm to health can cause a stale product, and then instead of normalizing the work of the gastrointestinal tract, it will be a disorder. In more serious cases, it is possible poisoning, which will manifest nausea, dizziness, abnormal stool, vomiting.
How to use
Kefir at night should be drunk 2 hours before bedtime. During this time, he will have time to digest in the stomach and will not create discomfort for the person in a lying position.
At the same time, the drink should not be cold or hot. The optimal product temperature is room temperature.
So that after drinking kefir before bedtime in the morning there were no unpleasant manifestations on the part of the body, you should follow the rules of use of the product. At night, it is enough to take one glass of drink.
Help with constipation
As noted above, kefir helps the body to normalize stools and gently cleanse the intestines from stagnant masses. But it turns out that this does not always happen.
Such a cleansing effect on the body has kefir, which is one or two days old. If the product is more than two days old, it fastens the intestines. Therefore, when using a drink to eliminate constipation, you need to know the "age" of kefir. If this moment is not taken into account, the problem is not only not resolved, but even more aggravated.
So, to eliminate constipation, you can use only one-day or two-day kefir for the night.
Recipe for parasitic garlic
When the word "parasites" many are immediately worms. However, this concept is much more extensive and, in addition to worms, it includes the simplest microorganisms, various fungi that inhabit the human body and live at its expense.
For the removal of parasites, professor and doctor of traditional medicine A.T. Ogulov proposes to use the method of Genghis Khan. For this you need to take:
- peeled garlic cloves - 1 cup;
- kefir - 0.5 l.
Garlic cloves need to be cut and dried for 30 minutes. Then in a teaspoon you need to pick up garlic and swallow it, without chewing and squeezing kefir.
The procedure should be carried out at bedtime. After all, it is at night that all extraneous "inhabitants" of the organism are activated, therefore, it is desirable to act on them at this time of day. 2 hours before the start of cleaning, it is recommended not to eat or drink anything. In this case, the garlic will fill the entire intestinal space and, moving towards the exit, will destroy all the parasites, their eggs and larvae.
Garlic cloves should be swallowed whole. If they are chewed, they will be digested directly in the stomach, and there will be no proper effect from the treatment. On the contrary, from such a large amount of garlic you can burn the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, esophagus and stomach, create an increased load on the heart, liver, kidneys and pancreas and get a very unpleasant odor from the mouth.
Professor A. T. Ogulov recommends fighting parasites with garlic and kefir
In the same case, when the teeth do not chew, but are swallowed, they are processed in the intestine and have a detrimental effect on the parasites. Contribute to this phytoncides - substances that are part of garlic, which have a pronounced smell.
Tip To get the greatest effect from the treatment, kefir with garlic should be consumed before bedtime on an empty stomach.
If it is difficult to consume a whole glass of garlic at a time, then to cleanse the body of parasites daily eat one head of vegetable for a month. Then, according to Professor A.T. Ogulov, the body will completely get rid of all the parasites.
This method of treatment can not be used for inflamed intestines. In other cases, such a purification can be safely relied upon.
Pressure cinnamon cleaner
Increased pressure, or hypertension, creates a serious threat to the health and even life of a person.
Effective recipe for the treatment of hypertension is the use of kefir with cinnamon at night. The composition of kefir is lactic acid, which helps normalize and reduce blood pressure, as well as calcium, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels and prevents their narrowing. Scientific studies have shown that in 75% of cases this mineral can prevent the development of hypertension. In addition, to prevent the disease requires a proper balance of calcium and phosphorus (it is also sufficient in kefir).
Cinnamon is widely used in cooking and cosmetology. However, its benefits are not limited to this. This spice has a number of medicinal properties due to the fact that the composition contains many vitamins, minerals, tannins. So, cinnamon is used to lower blood pressure.
Cinnamon helps lower blood pressure
To prepare a healing drink for hypertension, you should take:
- kefir - 1 cup;
- cinnamon powder - 1 tsp.
In a glass with kefir pour cinnamon powder, stir and drink before bedtime. Studies show that the use of such a drink can reduce the pressure by 3 mm. Hg Art.
Take kefir before bedtime - a good habit. This helps the body to recover, improve the digestive tract, strengthen muscle and bone tissue, normalize the activity of the central nervous system, solve problems with many diseases. However, you should consider the contraindications and possible harm in the use of the product.