Shugaring (caramel, sugar or Persian depilation) is a rather popular salon procedure that allows you to get rid of excess hairs on the body and face. Of course, not every woman can afford the services of professionals, so most fashionistas have adapted to carry out shugaring on their own, eliminating costs even for the purchase of ready-made composition for the procedure.
The benefits of shugaring
The main advantage of sugar depilation is that after it is performed, women rarely have to suffer from such a problem as hair ingrowth. Shugaring paste is applied to the skin against hair growth, and movements during depilation, on the contrary, are made in the direction of growth - As a result, the bulbs are not deformed, and further hairs do not grow crooked. That is why many women prefer shugaring hair removal using wax or electric epilator.
Moreover, in comparison with other types of deliverance from unwanted vegetation Sugar depilation is much less painful and traumatic, but only if it is carried out correctly, namely:
- The day before the procedure should be sure to scrub zoneswhich you are going to depilate. This is done in order to raise the hairs above the surface of the skin (thus contributing to better removal) and to avoid itching after the procedure.
- Immediately before depilation process skin Chlorhexidine - it not only disinfects the skin, but also prevents the ingrowth of fine hairs.
- Depilate only small pasta balls, carefully tracking the areas where hair changes direction of growth - it is better to walk along the same area several times than to remove the composition incorrectly.
- After the procedure use thermal water - it removes irritation and nourishes the skin with moisture.
- In 24 hours from the moment of shugaring, avoid exposure to the treated areas of direct sunlight, do not visit the pool, do not swim in open water, do not use lotions and body creams.
- On the third - the fourth day after the procedure, re-scrub to prevent possible hair ingrowth. In the future, make it a rule to treat the skin with a scrub 1-2 times a week until the next depilation.
Many people advise you to carry out sugar depilation only with gloves and be sure to use powder in the hair removal process. These moments are not critical, so proceed only from your own preferences.
Shugaring Pasta Recipes
All the basics for persian depilation They are sugar caramel with water and some kind of acid. Regardless of the composition, the main aspect is to determine the correct consistency of the components. For different types of shugaring apply pastes of different consistency:
- Soft - used for banding technology, in rare cases it is used for manual hair removal.
- Average - ideal for manual technology, copes well with soft and moderately stiff hair on the hands and feet.
- Dense - it is used only in manual equipment, for processing of sites with rough vegetation (armpits, area of bikini).
As a rule, a medium-density paste is used at home - it is most convenient to use, especially if you first resort to this procedure.
There are quite a few options on how to make a mixture for shugaring at home, so every woman will be able to choose the best one for herself.
For this composition will need:
- 2 glasses of sugar;
- ¼ glasses of water;
- Cup of lemon juice.
Step-by-step preparation of sugar paste for shugaring looks like this:
- Put all the ingredients in the pan (preferably not enameled, so that the mixture does not burn) and put on a slow fire.
- Constantly stir the pastauntil the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Continuing to mix the ingredients, boil the mixture over low heat for another 2−5 minutes. Readiness is checked by dripping a little of the composition into a glass with cold water - if the drop does not spread, the paste can be used for its intended purpose. Keep in mind - the digested mixture is not suitable for shugaring, so try to perform all actions as quickly as possible.
- The finished paste is poured into a convenient container (glass jar, special plastic container) and cooled to a comfortable temperature. The saucepan in which the mixture was boiled is immediately soaked in water.
If the recipe seems to be too expensive, you can reduce the number of components by half or even more. The main thing - to keep the ratio of the components to each other.
Composition with citric acid
If there is no lemon in the house, you can get out of the situation by using citric acid instead. In this case, the recipe will look like this:
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 2 tbsp. l warm water;
- 1.5 tsp. citric acid.
Preparing the mixture as well as the usual classic version. If you are not sure that you did everything correctly, wait for the paste to cool down and try to roll a ball out of a small amount of the mixture. If the composition turned out to be elastic and after 30–40 seconds it began to turn white, you can be sure that the paste was a success.
Some experts are of the opinion that lemons are unsafe to use in summer, as they can appear as spots on the skin due to direct sunlight. If you share these beliefs, in the hot season, use this option:
- 8 tbsp. l sugar;
- 1 tbsp. l of water;
- 1 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar.
The cooking process is the same as in the classic version. However, before cooking pasta according to this recipe, be sure to open the window in the kitchen - the heated vinegar exudes an extremely unpleasant aroma.
This composition is considered to be practically professional, since the mixture is more durable and plastic than when using ordinary sugar. The pasta ingredients will be as follows:
- 6 tbsp. l fructose;
- 2 tbsp. l water;
- a pinch of citric acid.
Brewed mixture according to the same scheme as the previous formulations. If desired, you can replace the fructose in the recipe with the same amount of glucose.
Such a paste is easiest to make in the microwave. It is believed that honey additionally nourishes the skin, reducing the risk of irritation and redness after the procedure.
So, for the honey paste you will need:
- 1 cup of sugar;
- ¼ cup of honey;
- Cup of lemon juice.
Preparing composition for shugaring as follows:
- Mix all the ingredients in a plastic or glass container, achieving the most uniform consistency. To make it easier for you to remove the ready-made pasta from the microwave, place the container with the mixture on the plate.
- Place the container in the microwave and set the timer to 30 seconds. All this time watch the paste through the door.
- As soon as bubbles appear on the surface of the composition (approximately 10–15 seconds), remove it from the microwave.
- Wait for the bubbles to settle, and repeat step 2. Do this until the paste is cooked. Willingness is checked in the standard way (using a glass with cold water) or a toothpick - a well boiled mass should have a rich golden color, and resemble honey in consistency.
Why can not pasta
A mixture for shugaring may turn out to be unsuitable for use in two cases: if it is digested (then it only remains to be eaten) and if it isn’t overdone (since it will not freeze). It is very easy to recognize the digested syrup - it differs in a dark color and has a very thick texture before cooling.
The reason for the failure in the cooking process can be:
- Wrong cooking time. Ready-made pasta always has a rich golden hue. If you have a substance of the color of strong tea brew, it is probably overcooked.
- Poor sugar for shugaring. It’s quite difficult to make a professional mix with your own hands, and if one of the components does not differ in quality, it’s completely impossible.
- Non-observance of proportions (for example, with an excess of citric acid, the paste will get the desired color, but will remain liquid, and with a shortage it will be inelastic).
- Wrong temperature conditions. Never resist the temptation to increase the heat a little, so that the mass cooks faster and do not stop stirring it for a minute.
To achieve an optimal result, take the minimum amount of ingredients and practice cooking, adjusting to the characteristics of your stove, dishes and the temperature in the apartment. Do not be discouraged if the pasta does not want to boil properly - everything comes with experience, and spoiled sugar is not worth your nerves.
Keep in mind - the composition continues to caramelize for half an hour after removal from the fire. Therefore, it is better not to boil the paste than to digest it - in which case the undercooked mixture can be saved, slightly heated on a low fire, but the digested one will only be allowed on the lollipops.
The shugaring procedure is a simple and very effective procedure that helps to remove unwanted hair and keep the skin smooth for 2–3 weeks. And after you learn how to cook pasta yourself, shugaring will also be a budget.
I read a lot about shugaring, and eventually caught fire to test it on myself. I decided to start with the purchase of ready-made pasta, and in the end I was very disappointed - this substance flatly refused to form into a ball, spread out and tightly stick to the skin. But since I was already in tune with the procedure, and there is always sugar in the house, I nevertheless decided to take the risk and cook the paste myself.
Made a prescription with citric acid, oddly enough, it came out the first time. Depilation held, the result was satisfied - everything was smooth, there were no extra hairs anywhere. I was afraid that the hair would begin to grow, as it was after the epilator, but it cost.Valentine
I always did the procedure in the salon, but at some point I felt sorry for the money, and I wanted to try to cook pasta with my own hands. Honestly, it did not work out right away. I used the so-called classic recipe, and did not have time to determine readiness in time: the paste is undercooked, then after 10 seconds it was already overcooked. In the end, she got to cook in the microwave. The result is excellent, the legs are smooth for 2 weeks or more.Anna
A long time ago I switched to home shugaring - the effect is no different from a professional procedure, but it turns out much cheaper. I always make honey paste, because it is more elastic and removes fine hairs better. Before shugaring, I always treat the necessary areas with a scrub - once I missed this moment, and as a result, for 4 days I could not get rid of the terrible itch. And after the procedure I use thermal water to avoid irritation.Svetlana